Our Guiding Principles
- To always treat our citizens with courtesy and respect.
- To work towards improving the quality of service that we provide through training and keeping physically fit.
- To treat one another, as members of the Kenner Fire Department, with fairness, dignity, courtesy, and respect and strive to achieve the highest level of professional and personal growth and development.
- To always be reminded that we are all individuals. As many individuals, we makeup one Fire Department and will work as one complete unit.
- As members of the Kenner Fire Department, we will take personal responsibility in attaining organizational goals and pride in our work.
Programs We Offer to the Citizens of Kenner
- Visit schools to teach Fire Safety Programs, such as Stop, Drop and Roll and Learn Not to Burn.
- Visit businesses to teach fire safety in the workplace.
- Conduct Fire Station Tours to scout groups, civic groups, schools, church groups, and others.
Types of Calls
- Structure Fires
- Rescue children from locked cars
- Medical (all vehicle accidents with extrication and backup to EMS Service)
- Vehicle Fires
- Rubbish Fires
- Ground Cover Fires
- Hazardous Materials Incidents
- Water Rescues
- Miscellaneous (Unknown Odors, Power Lines, Hurricanes, etc.)
City Of Kenner Demographics
Size: 15 square miles
Location: Metropolitan area west of New Orleans
Modes of transportation through City: New Orleans International Airport is located in Kenner. Interstate 10, several major railroads and the navigable waterways of the Mississippi River (barge and shipping) and Lake Pontchartrain are also critical infrastructure transportation mechanisms in and around the city.
Kenner Fire Department Achieves Class 1
For the first time in the history of the city, the City of Kenner Fire Department (KFD) has earned the Class 1 status from the Property Insurance Association of Louisiana (PIAL), which is the highest ranking possible in the state, and joins only seven other departments to achieve this elite recognition.
Kenner is only the eighth city in the state to reach this elite status, putting us in the top 1% of all fire departments in Louisiana. We are reportedly the 358th Class 1 in the country with our nation operating more than 45,000 fire departments. This makes the Kenner Fire Department in the top 0.4 percent of all fire departments in the United States.
This means there is an insurance premium reduction that now applies to the business community and residents of the city of Kenner - the link above provides the documentation needed for insurance companies.