Vehicles for Hire
The City of Kenner has regulations regarding vehicles for hire pursuant to Code of Ordinances Chapter 16.
A vehicle for hire means any motor vehicle regularly engaged in the business of carrying passengers for hire having a seating capacity of less than ten persons and not operated on a fixed route, and licensed by the city under the provisions of this article.
- To operate a Vehicle for Hire in the City of Kenner, the following are required for submittal:
- A completed Occupational License Application (PDF). Any questions regarding the application can be answered by contacting the Occupational License office of the Department of Inspection and Code Enforcement at 504-468-4064.
- Once the owner of the vehicle for hire receives his/her Occupational License, he/she can submit the Occupational License and other required documentation necessary to receive the required Certificate of Public Necessity and Convenience (CPNC).
Business Permit Information
- The applicant must submit a complete package (application and approvals from all applicable departments and agencies) for processing. Failure to submit a completed packet can result in longer processing times and delay of the opening of the business.
- In the event the applicant fails to provide the information, forms, and documents required by the City in connection with this application within 60 days of the date this application is received by the City, the application shall, without further notice, be deemed to have been voluntarily withdrawn as of that date and no further action will be taken in connection with the application.
- The prospective business owner should also consult with the Louisiana Department of Revenue, the Jefferson Parish Bureau of Revenue and Taxation and all other agencies tasked with the regulation and collection of sales tax associated with the business.
- See answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding the operation of Vehicles for Hire within the City of Kenner or call the Taxicab Bureau at 504-468-4083.